Participation in Digital Literacy Programme - Teacher Training Exercise
Teacher training at Kenya Education Management Institute
The Digital Learning Programme (DLP) was initiated by the Government of Kenya in 2013. The programme is targeted at learners in all public primary schools and is aimed at integrating the use of digital technologies in learning. The decision is borne out of the vision and context that technology now defines our world and there is need to prepare our young people for today’s realities.
This Project is aimed at
- Entrenching ICT in the teaching and learning process and management of education in primary schools.
- Equipping public primary schools with appropriate ICT infrastructure to support teaching and learning process.
- Developing capacity of education managers, primary school teachers and other stakeholders to enable them use the wide range of ICT tools in teaching-learning process and management of schools.
- Facilitating the development and accreditation of appropriate digital content that will enhance acquisition of 21st century skills.
- Promoting universal access and equitable distribution to ICT infrastructure in primary schools
- Integrating sustainable and affordable digital programme in Kenya education system
The key components of the programme are:
- Provision of digital devices for both learners and teachers.
- Capacity development for teacher and implementers
- Broadband connectivity devices
- Provision of content for digital learning.
- Establishment of local assembly for digital devices and related accessories.
Participation in Digital Literacy Programme - Content conversion and protection.
The Education CS launching the Interactive Digital Content on 15th December 2015 under the Digital Literacy programme at The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development. Photo courtesy of ICT Authority Kenya.
Novel Technologies E.A Ltd has been an instrumental Partner of Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development in supporting the Digital Literacy Programme(DLP) Initiative- A multiplicity of Government Agencies headed by the Ministry of ICT through the ICT authority.
Novel Technologies E.A Ltd has successfully performed the contracted mandate of converting the digital content from Adobe Flash to HTML5 ensuring that content is now available through all devices and Content protection from alteration and illegal distribution.
The 10th Annual International Business Awards
Novel Technologies Staff Marvin Kaburu and Philip Ndolo receiving Stevie’s Silver Medal during 2013 International
Business Awards on 14 October in W Hotel Barcelona, Spain
Novel Technologies E.A Ltd was named the winner of a Silver Stevie® Award in the Information Technology Team of the Year category during the 10th Annual International Business Awards celebrated at a Gala Banquet in W Hotel on 14 October in Barcelona, Spain. Novel Technologies were recognized for Implementation of Audio Visual Recording and Transcription System for Judiciary in Kenya, which is the first in transforming delivery of Justice in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Top 100 Midsized companies in Kenya 2013
Novel staff receiving Kenya Top-100 Mid-Sized Companies Award from left Edwin Gitonga, Nelly Achieng , Alex Macharia and Lawrence Gitonga at a function held in Carnivore Nairobi on October 11, 2013.
Novel Technologies E.A. Ltd is an ICT solution provider in the following areas:
- Structured cabling and Connectivity solutions;
- Audio Visual digital recording and transcription solutions;
- Tele-presence and video conferencing systems;
- Design and deployment of data centre infrastructure systems,
- Risk Management software (aCCelerate) Solution;
- Security & Surveillance Systems and Unified Threat Management;
- Conference management systems;
- Rugged Equipment, DVD-Video Copyright Protection Equipment and Software;
- Service and maintenance of various ICT equipment and accessories.